Thursday, August 19, 2021

Athena's gift to Cherub

Back at the island I watched for the falcon. I could see her flying in circles. I also found Athena perched on the nearby willow tree. She was just ending her daylong sleep. I told her about Mother Cleverbrain's demands. She grumbily got up.

"Athena reluctantly brought
A big, fat juicy rat
That she had skillfully caught
For Cherub to pick at
As Cherub excitedly fed
Athena darkly brooded
That Cleverbrain
was a royal pain
She really never ought
To have the thought
A falcon should have its fill
Thanks to an owl's gifted skill
What was she all about
If ever word got out
Athena would be mocked
Become a laughing stock"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Along the shore

When the ship is moving, Petra is not collecting data. So, when she is not analysing data, myself, Codrin, Cawlin and Petra are free to wor...