Thursday, May 24, 2018

The goat snack

Today I woke up at 6:45 a.m., I did my homework, and went to school by 8.00 a.m. When I came home at 13:00 grandma and mama were home. After about half an hour they left, and David and I stayed with grandpa. We first went in the garden to look for Piki, our pet tortoise. She had disappeared the day before. We soon gave up and started eating mulberries. There is a very tall mulberry tree right by Piki's enclosure. I climbed up the mulberry tree and sat there chatting with David. Then it started raining, and I saw the ground crack in the coup where Steluta, the rooster is.  Some head, and then a claw came out. I shouted "Hell on Earth! Tortoises coming out of hibernation so late!  Especially in our garden!" Then I said "that's Pikster hiding from Steluta". We chased the rooster and took Piki out. We tried putting her in her enclosure, but she climbed out.

It started raining heavily. So, we went inside and took Piki with us to her winter enclosure. I did my homework on my own without being asked a million times. I dislike homework and I dislike being asked to do it, but today I compromised because I wanted to be good for once. We heard a crack and followed by many loud "cot-cot-codacs" from the chicken, but did not go out to check what happened.

When mama and grandma came back, they noticed a big branch from the apple tree had fallen on the chicken-enclosure fence.  It weight about a ton! I kept saying things like "If we cut this thing down, I'll be a red apple". There were only green apples on the branch - lots of them. But mama, David and I persevered. David and I had big scissors and managed to cut most of the branches off the big branch, and mama threw them over the fence to the goats. The goats were very happy. It was their prayers coming true - a big tree branch with lots of leaves and apples had fallen from the sky. Once we were done cutting, David was able to lift the branch off the fence.

In the evening, I ate boiled wheat, and mashed strawberries with egg. Mama and I put the silkies inside because they were soaking wet and the black ones looked like small, wet crows. We don't want them to be sick. At the end of the day I was very dirty. So, I took a long bath. James joined me. Now he is asleep as I am writing on my blog.

1 comment:

  1. you are a grest writer. keep it up and i'm so glad u are able to enjoy being around animals. Most kids don't and have no idea what they miss.

    ReplyDelete

Along the shore

When the ship is moving, Petra is not collecting data. So, when she is not analysing data, myself, Codrin, Cawlin and Petra are free to wor...