Wednesday, May 30, 2018

The arrival of Mocha Latte and the two Short Whites

On the 29th of May, our goats Edwina and Jamesina (also known as Snow) gave birth. Gradma and mama were in Chizatau with them. I was surprised it happened in the exact same time. Mama suggested the car shuffling might be to blame. Edwina has a perfectly beautiful chocolate and cream coloured baby. Gradma says it's a boy. We called him Mocha Latte. Snow had white triplets, but one was born dead. The other two seem fine. The next day when David and I went to see them, we bought a baby bottle in case they could not nurse enough. Mama did not let me go until I did my math homework. I growled a bit (I don't know why, but I hate all homework). In the end I did it with help from mama. It was not hard. After we got to Chizatau, David milked Edwina in a cup. She already has lots of milk, and we tried feeding the surviving triplets. James lifted them up and down. They poop yellow like James did when he was a baby. Mocha Latte does not poop yellow because Edwina already has milk. Andy named them after different kinds of coffee. We'll see if the names stick.

Today I went to judo without David. He had a small accident in school. One of the other children pushed him off a chair, and then threw the bench at his head. The kid (his name is Lukas) had his behaviour grade lowered by two points and teachers say he could repeat the year if he continues being aggressive (and not studying because he spends all his time on his phone). A few days ago, David and Lukas had been paired up for their Romanian class to teach "Sobieski si Romanii". David prepared questions for the children with lots of help from grandma and taught very well. He got a 10. He said he tried sharing with Lukas, but the teacher did not accept because everything was in David's handwriting. So, Lukas got a 4 on a 1 to 10 scale and has been very angry with David since. Now David has a blueish bump between his eyes (above his nose) that will slowly go away. Nobody has thrown any benches at my head as of yet. It might be because I don't talk as much as David and somehow I have more friends.

When we returned from Chizatau, I finished the rest of my homework. In addition to math, I had Romanian and Lesen. Then I wrote in my diary and only after that Andy and I made cookies. They were very yummy. David's head bump does not stop him from eating. He ate more than 6 cookies. James ate a lot of the dough and part of a cookie. I ate some cookies, too.

David found Piki in the garden. She had escaped again even after I redid the enclosure. I added a top to the enclosure, but both James and the cats go in it. Piki stayed in my new enclosure for two days and then escaped -- either by climbing out on her own or obtaining James' help. He is being watched very closely now, but I do believe he is blameless this time. David says she grew a whole new ring in the few days she's been missing. I think she just seems bigger because she poops more. She was in the Silkies' enclosure this time. When David got her out, she pooped in his hand. When mama picked her up, she filled mama's hand with white liquid. She is accused of spending time with the chicken because she is eating chicken poop. I mostly worry about the chicken eating her eyes, but she is really good at hiding underground. David put her in her winter box for now. She is very unhappy there. We need Andy to help us build and enclosure for her today. I hate making enclosures because we've made so many already and mama keeps reminding me and I hate being reminded. Grandma suggested just letting her live in the garden, but then there is no way to find her. She could also get in the Terrapin pond and drown. Although, she is probably smarter than that since it has not happened so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Along the shore

When the ship is moving, Petra is not collecting data. So, when she is not analysing data, myself, Codrin, Cawlin and Petra are free to wor...