Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Another typical day with Dad and mom

On the 3rd of June we gave the worm medicine to our cats, ducks, and chicken. The red chicken look all the same. If one pays very close attention, they could tell them apart, but it's hard. To distinguish them, dad tried putting flour on the ones that had been given their pills, but then James starting feeding the flour to them, and they were either eating or shaking it off. So, mama suggested moving them to Cinamon's (the rooster) enclosure. 

Later we went to Chizatau with our two ducks. We put them in a box and while we were taking other things to the car James (still 1 and 1/2) started carrying them off. They are both overweight and walk so poorly. Mama says it's because they are selected to get fat quickly for the dinner table. Later we all went to the Bega river for a brief swim. Dad did not let us stay longer even though it was sunny because thunder could be heard in the distance. He said he did not want to risk his whole family because we/mama were being stupid. The river is a 5 minute walk to the house.

It rained in the evening. Mama and I took the Silkies to the shed, and left Cinamon in the yard because their enclosure has no roof -- only trees for shade. It rained, but not heavily. All the plants in the garden are growing like crazy. 

 Later I started working on my school project. It's due on Tuesday. I decided to present the Armadillo. I bet nobody in school has heard of it before. I picked it especially because it lives in America and I am American. Dad helped me look through articles on the internet. We saved a bunch in a folder, printed them, and I cut pieces of them off.  I then figured out I did not have glue, and so I had to finish my poster the next day. I also did my homework (with some help from mom).

Last but not least, today we gave Cap star flea medicine to our cats. We'll see if it works. Dad did not believe all fleas will be dead in 30 minutes like it says on the package. I asked mama how long will the cats live. She said it will be longer then their fleas, but then told me her pet cat had lived from when she was my age until she finished college. I hope Bendemolina, Electron and Rainbow have very long and happy lives. They do get tormented by James a lot, and they are way more patient with him than either me or David. Our explanation is that they are really older than us in cat-years.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Along the shore

When the ship is moving, Petra is not collecting data. So, when she is not analysing data, myself, Codrin, Cawlin and Petra are free to wor...