Sunday, July 10, 2022

Back from the dead

I flew back to the ship. The journey was eventless. As I was trying to land, I heard Cawlin shout: “We need to leave now before that crazy owl brings that thing and eats us, too”. Codrin’s answer was just as loud: “I am not leaving you brainless bag of feathers. Athena would not have tried to kill Narcisus. Besides, if the bird of prey ate that whole fat duck he’d be in no mood to fly over here to eat more.” They were all hiding under the helicopter. When I landed on the deck near them I heard Penelope say quietly: “Philip and I are flying nowhere in the middle of the night.” I had to take charge.

Me: stop fighting! Athena found out where Icarus is. Sirius heard he is going to Alexandria.

Codrin: Well, Cawlin, I am right. Narcisus is safe.

Cawlin: Where did you say Icarus was?

Me: Alexandria

Our conversation then drifted to other topics until we heard Petra come back from Istanbul.

She was sad. Codrin immediately flew by her side.

Petra: Oh, Codrin. You are lucky to be a bird. I saw so many people more poor than the last time I was here. The inflation is up. There are men, women and children starving on the streets. Our politicians don’t just destroy wildlife, they destroy so many people, too, and then blame the people they just destroyed for all the misfortune created. The media convinces people to believe so many untruth. People then turn against each other. Instead, we should be helping each other and in the same time we should work together to build a better future that is sustainable.

Codrin: Just hang out with birds then. We are the better crowd!
Cawlin: My mother hangs out with goats. She finds them good company. She also gets free snacks off their back.

Petra had all the data she needed. So, early morning just after Athena returned for her daily nap, our ship left Istanbul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Along the shore

When the ship is moving, Petra is not collecting data. So, when she is not analysing data, myself, Codrin, Cawlin and Petra are free to wor...